Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dear Friend:

Dear Friend,
It has been a while since we last talked, so I thought I would update you on what's going on in my life. I can sum it up in three words; work, work, work. I have to work extra hard now at both jobs because I charged my trip to Israel/Palestine to my Target Visa Card. It will take me a while to pay it off, but it is totally worth it and I'm sure you'd agree being that you have done your fair share of traveling, going to Egypt and Turkey and all.
And lately I've been thinking a lot about relationships. Relationships with family and friends and romantic relationships as well. Mostly though my family and friends. I've been thinking a lot about you and all the fun that was had on the 4th of July and going to the Stone Arch Bridge to watch the fireworks with Veronica, Joe, and your roommate Matt. A lot has changed since then, but you know this well. You have gone ahead of us to set up for the party that will be had when we arrive to that final destination. I know this and it comforts me when I begin to feel sad that I will not see you anymore. Because that is not true, it is not true at all. You see, we shall meet again my friend, dear Katherine, just not yet, not yet...
Lovingly your friend always,
Megan Louise Pratola

(This blog is dedicated to my friend Katherine Ann Olson who was taken away from this world all too soon, who is partying it up in heaven with the big man himself and who will never be forgotten by those whose lives she touched with her bright smile and crazy red hair.)

2 comments:

jen said...

Today I weep and mourn with you. Laments for missing your friend. Joy that you will see her again one day. Peace be in your heart.
Much love,
jen

doulos theou said...

I wrote about her in my God Evil and Suffering paper, but I was told that the idea that she is up in heaven is not Lutheran Theology. Lutherans believe people stay dead until the second coming of Christ and there will be a massive resurrection.

I don't know if that's true or not. But...I hate that class. It's so far removed from reality.