Sunday, May 4, 2008

Finally the weather is nice!!!

The weather is so wonderful today so you know what I'm doing; I'm sitting inside and putzing on the internet. No seriously though, it is so nice to finally be done with winter. The first snow falls of winter are nice. It's nice to have a white Christmas and all that jazz. But after Christmas I'm usually ready for spring to come and it finally has. I've only had to wait for 5 months, but it's finally here!

Yesterday I went for a walk around Lake Calhoun with my buddy/roommate Karen. It was a good walk. On our walks we tend to talk about things going on in our lives, but yesterday was particularly focused on people in general. More to the point, why are some people so full of themselves? Why are some people such assholes to others? We both came up with the same answer: don't know.

After we got half way around the lake, we found ourselves walking against the wind, which was an experience in itself. I was tempted at one point to just let the wind carry me away back around the lake to where we started, but we pushed on and got a good work out in the process.

It was also very nice weather outside yesterday as well; aside from the wind.

Oh, side note. I am returning to work at The Limited starting May 19th. I am actually really really excited to be going back. And I'm going back to my old store too, with all my peeps which is also great. I know I had my reasons for leaving before, but now they seem so mundane and dumb. I realize now I should have never left in the first place. Live and learn, live and learn.

Other news: my brother is returning to Minnesota after he graduates at the end of June. I, of course, am thrilled.

So overall life is going pretty good right now. A lot of change will be taking place in the next few weeks; friends taking off on new adventures, some returning after two years away. But such is life, and like God said in Genesis, "it is good".

No comments: