Friday, September 26, 2008

My Attempt to Write a Themed Post...

Alright, here I go. Usually I just rant in my blogs about life, how things are going, etc, etc... Today I thought I'd try something different. Today I am going to attempt a themed blog.

The theme for today is f***ing Minnesota drivers!

Seriously, I can't even drive the twenty minutes to Luther Seminary without some asshole cutting me off, being almost run off the rode by some jerk off on a cell phone, or almost being hit by someone who can't figure out how to drive in their own lane. WTF!

I know people drive like jerks everywhere, but seriously people, leave your passive-aggressive bullshit at home when it comes to driving.

My favorite thing which happens often is when someone is driving 50 in a 55 in the fast lane and won't get over. Again WTF! Get your slow butt over into the slow lane and let me pass you. Please for the love of all that is good in this world, just get the hell out of peoples way!

I've had several discussions with people about their views on Minnesota drivers and all end up being bitch sessions about how sucky they are. Yes, I learned how to drive in Minnesota, I have a Minnesota drivers license, but if I'm going slower than the speed of traffic, I move the fuck over into the slower lanes. And despite what the general consensus might believe, it is really not that hard to do. You just flick the signal indicating that you are moving over to the another lane, wait for an opening and move over. It's really not as hard as people seem to think it is.

Here's one of my recent favorite stories about Minnesota drivers. This one happened to me.

I was driving home from working at The Limited this summer after working the closing shift. I was driving along and no one was on the road and then I came to an intersection where the one person other than myself on the road had a red light whereas I had a green light going straight (they were turning right). I was almost to the intersection to go across and this jackhole decided he had waited long enough for his light to turn green and cut me off. But here's the awesome part. As he proceeded to cut me off, he went so slow that I had to slam on my breaks, this had definite horrible accident potential. Good thing someone (myself) is paying attention. So I proceed to follow this individual until I can pass him and as I pass him, this asshole flicks me off. I mean a real fu finger. Hello does anyone else find this senario ridiculous?!

Things like this happen all the time; not just to me. I mean, if you really need to find that hairbrush in your bag which is sitting in the passangers seat on the highway (the speed limit being 55) to brush the three hairs you have left on your head, please next time pull over instead of almost causing a five car pile-up because of your stupidity.

Please feel free to share any thoughts on the topic of f***ing Minnesota drivers. All stories are welcome.

1 comment:

jen said...

Seriously. I laughed so hard when I read this because it's sadly so true. Minnesotans can't merge and they refuse to move over. Honestly I don't think they think about or see anyone else outside the frame of their vehicle. But that's okay because the MN nice makes up for their passive-aggressive feelings.

If you're on the phone in the car--you don't need to be that connected.

If you have to take care of something while driving--PULL OVER. You might save your life and others and probably time too.