Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Milwaukee?!

This past weekend I spent some time in Milwaukee.  The point of this visit was to spend some time with Jason.  Why Milwaukee you may be asking yourselves?  Because we had already met up in Madison and wanted to experience another city that is between Valpo, IN and the Twin Cities.  (This picture is a view driving down Michigan St. in Downtown Milwaukee.) 

I had been to the Milwaukee area before and mostly remembered a few hours of sitting on the shore of Lake Michigan sinking my feet into the soft sand, while staring out at the vast body of water, unable to see land on the other side.  Oh it was wonderful. 

I was able to experience this joy again, without the sinking my feet in the sand part (it was way too cold for that) last weekend.  I also kind of fell in love with the downtown area.  As we walked around Wisconsin Street Friday evening, there was a great picture op, which sadly I missed out on because I decided to leave my camera in the car.  While walking around downtown we stopped at the mall there and I bought a funky dress at T.J. Maxx which my friend Virginia Berry would be so proud of.  I didn't get a picture of that either.  Sorry.  Anyway, I found myself continuously telling Jason that I wouldn't mind him getting a call in Milwaukee, which I never in a million years thought I would say.  But then again, I've done a lot of things in life that I thought I'd never do.  So the lesson of this story kids is never say never. 

Next stop, Memorial Day weekend, Valpo, IN and maybe Chicago!  I think it would be kind of fun to go to all the major mid-western cities.  That means from now until the end of August we need to go to Chicago and Detroit for sure.  Sweet!  Bring on the travel!  As for now, Milwaukee has a special place in my heart and not just because it has many breweries that one can tour and get free samples. ;) 

Enough of my incoherent rambling; I have to get to bed.  I have a meeting with my adviser at 9am tomorrow and we all know I am not a morning person.  Peace out for now!

No comments: