Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm not a Coffee Drinker...

I am not a coffee drinker, except for on very rare occassions.  I don't like the after taste it leaves in my mouth and I get a major high with a major crash when the caffeine starts to wear off.  All in all, I only drink coffee in extreme cases.  Today is one of those cases.

I slept fine for the most part last night, although I think at one point Jason was coughing violently in the middle of the night and I in my sleep said something to him.  I can't remember exactly, but it was something along the lines of "Silence, I kill you."  An ode to Achmed the dead terrorist.  But I can't be sure I actually said that until I ask Jason tonight when I see him. 

Anyway, I thought I slept well last night.  I got up after sleeping in till, well, I can't remember what time I got up and did my usual morning routine with the inclusion of watching an episode on netflix instant of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Hey, if I'm going to complete one of my dayzeroproject goals that I actually remember, watching the rest of the series of Buffy on netflix instant by the end of February, I've got to watch an episode or two a day. 

Okay, so I watched an episode of Buffy, took a shower and got ready for work.  Said goodbye to Jason as he left for class and then for whatever reason I became so exhausted that I could barely keep my eyes open.  I somehow made it to work without falling asleep on the bus, which was a task in itself and then did some copying and filing.  I was walking around like a zombie with zero energy.  I couldn't even get my brain to work enough to talk to my boss in more than to syllable words. 

Thus I broke down and went to the coffee room on my floor and poured myself a half a cup of non-de-caf coffee with a little bit of sugar and sweetner.  Straight black coffee is gross.  And so now I have just enough energy to type this blog and hopeful get through the rest of the day.  I might need to top myself off in a little bit because I have plans to hang out with my buddy Karen tonight after work. 

It looks like it is going to be a busy weekend too.  Oh, won't Jason be excited that he gets to have some peace and quiet this weekend to do his own thing.  Don't worry too much honey, I'll still be around some of the time to shake things up. ;-)  Love YOu!!!

So that is the story of why I broke down and drank some coffee today.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I'm sure there will be a sequel in the near future so stay tuned.

No comments: