Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vacation! Vacation! Hurray!!!

In a few days, Jason and I leave the cold dreary hell of this Minnesota winter and head out on our honeymoon, which consists of a Western Carribean cruise (thanks to my parental units.  Love you guys!!!) and the warm weather of Mexico and the Gulf.  Knowing my luck, it will be unseasonably chilly and rainy the whole time.  No seriously, I am hoping the weather is sunny and warm most of the time. 

I am just so tired of this winter.  Either it is grey and dreary with snow or the sun is out at it's f*&king cold.  Having to wait for the bus every day for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes in the cold just makes a person pissed off on a daily basis.  I see myself being a snow bird when I am retired.  Oh wait, since I will have to work the rest of my life to pay off my student loans, that plan probably isn't going to work out very well.

So for a few days this winter I get a reprieve and I get to have it with my sweetie.  We hope to get off the ship and see a few Mayan ruin sites.  The land stops on the cruise are in Cozumel (sp?) and Yucatan Mexico.  I am so excited.  Time to check another country off my list of places to go.  I just wish my Spanish speaking was up to par.  I'll have to work on that.

I am just looking forward to the warm sun, warm breeze and the open sea.  Oh how I have missed thee, open sea and ocean.  There is nothing like looking and seeing nothing but water beyond; no land on the other side. 

Tomorrow we are running last minute errands, doing laundry, and packing as much as we can.  I am going to have to buy a new camera for the trip because my awesome camera crapped out on me when we were in Montana for Christmas.  When I get back I want to take it to a camera shop and see if it can be fixed.  I think the new camera is going to be small one that is easy to carry around.  I'm looking at a Nikon CoolPix and will pick it up at the store tomorrow.  Just one of our many errands.

So that is all for now.  Vacation is on my mind and sleep.  Sleep is on my mind too.  Sleep is good.

1 comment:

Kathleen Schmidt said...

Enjoy the vacation and I too miss the warmth and beauty of the ocean...say hello for me!