Thursday, June 11, 2015

Weeks 20-21 of Healthier Living in 2015

6/11/2015
Weeks 5/27 - 6/10/2015
Weigh in Weight: 157.2

The last few weeks, we have gone somewhere over the weekend and then we play catch up all week.  I have gained a significant amount of weight in two weeks.  I am slowly losing my excess water weight from too much sitting and not eating as well as I normally do while away.

I need to drink more fluids too because I've been dealing with water retention and constipation, two things that can happen to pregnant women.  Something about the increase in blood levels and so I need to drink more fluids, particularly water to prevent too much water retention and constipation.  It is something I am very aware of and am working on.

I desperately need to start walking again.  Today my son and I went for a walk with some friends after we went to the park for a play date this morning.  Despite the heat, it felt so good to walk around.  Of course the heat pretty much tired me out for the rest of the day, but my legs are starting to feel better.

Unfortunately, all of the progress I've made since Monday might go to crap starting tomorrow because we are going to be in the car for a while tomorrow and then again on Saturday as we head up to Flathead Lutheran Bible Camp.  My husband has meetings both days, so my son and I will be hanging out by the lake and hopefully walking around and getting some relaxation and exercise at the same time.

Pregnancy and excessive heat are a killer.  It just zaps my energy so in the afternoon I just want to sit and not move very much.  But what I should do is go down to the basement with my son and exercise, or find a way to stay cool in the limited shade outside and be active with my son.  I also need to figure out how to make time to do my speed walking, either outside or on the treadmill.  Either one will work, but it needs to be done.  Activity helps with the water retention and constipation along with drinking more fluids.

So my goals for week 22 are healthy eating and physical activity related.  I do need to keep working on my mental and emotional health as well, but working on being physically healthy will help the growing baby inside me, help my body be less achy, and help with my mental and emotional help as well.

Goals for week 22:  6/10 - 6/17/2015
1) Work on being more active daily and get some form of daily exercise
2) Drink 80 - 100 oz of water daily
3) eat low-sodium food and meals daily

No comments: