Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 19 of Healthier Living in 2015

5/27/2015
Week of 5/20 - 5/27/2015
Weigh in Weight:  154.4 lbs.  gain of 6 oz.

I have progressively been gaining about 1 lb every two weeks for several weeks now and there is a reason for that.  I am pregnant for a third time and after my 12 week, 6 day appointment last Wednesday it was confirmed that the baby survived through the first trimester.

Baby Bear is due in early December but since I have decided to do a repeat c-section, he or she will be born the week of Thanksgiving.

Being pregnant does not change my goal for living healthier in 2015.  It does mean that until baby is born I will be gaining weight, which is health to do during pregnancy.  I have been monitoring my weight gain and have not gained more weight than I need to in early pregnancy.

I'm feeling better and am starting to have more energy to do everyday things again.

I am still have some water retention issues in my legs, but as long as I drink at least 80 oz of water a day, which I have been and get some daily activity and exercise in, they don't hurt and the water retention eases.

I still need to work on fitting time into my day a couple times a week to journal.  I really have no excuse except that for the last several weeks, all of my limited free time I use to nap and relax.  But since I am starting to have more energy, I can start using that time to journal or get some things done that I have let go because I was so tired.

I have been getting daily exercise but I have only been able to do one day of speed walking on the treadmill for week 19 because our schedules have been so hectic.  I like to do it, but if my husband can't watch our son in the morning, or if I have to get some cleaning done I do that instead.  So, speed walking on the treadmill has taken a back seat to other things, but I am happy that I was able to get it in one day for week 19.

So, I'll still be weighing in each week and although my weight will go up, I am holding myself to not gaining too much weight during my pregnancy.  The goal is between 15-20 lbs.  So far I am heading towards 20 lbs, which is okay for someone who was already overweight when I got pregnant this time.

I realize that I will be posting again for week 20 in two days, but I wanted to make sure I didn't skip a posting for week 19.  So until Wednesday, Keep on keeping on!

Goals for week 20:  5/27 - 6/3/2015
1) Journal at least 2x a week
2) Daily activity and exercise
3) Drink at least 80 oz of water a day
4) Monitor my salt and sugar intake because of possible water retention issues when I eat too much of it.

No comments: