Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 18 of Healthier Living in 2015

5/20/2015
Week of 5/13 - 5/20/2015
Weigh in Weight:  153.8 lbs gain of 6 oz

I feel great.  The dreariness and gloom outside has gone away for a little while and it is warmer and sunny outside.

I am continuing to have issues with water retention, partly because I have not been able to do my speed walking exercises on the treadmill that produce sweat.  I am drinking at least 80 oz of water a day which helps, but the lack of exercise is the biggest problem.  I also need to pay closer attention to my salt and sugar in take.  I do pretty good on that front, but being better about it will help with the water retention as well as figuring out how to fit in my speed walking into the busyness of our lives.  Being able to walk outside and be outside with my son now that it isn't raining and cold will be helpful.

I do get daily exercise just by having a very active toddler, but I am working on trying to be more creative so that I sweat a little and get rid of some of the extra water my body is holding on to, when I play and do activities with my son.  My activities lately have been some light cleaning and yard work.  I dusted the living room, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, and swept the driveway and sidewalks.

So I am being active daily and getting some kind of exercise and I am drinking at least 80 oz of water a day; two out of three of my goals for week 18.  I still need to work on taking some time each week to journal.  I just need to do it, but I haven't made the time to do so.  I need to make writing in my journal part of my weekly, if not daily routine.  So I am going to continue putting it on my goals list until it becomes a natural part of my routine.

So I need to work on keeping my water retention to a minimum, find time to speed walk on the treadmill a couple times a week, and make time to write in my journal at least once a week if not more often.  I also need to be better about posting on my weigh in day.  I will be posting again tomorrow to give an update on week 19's successes and things I need to work on.  But I will post my week 19 goals here anyway so you can see what I was working on.  Until tomorrow, Keep on keeping on!

Goals for week 19:  5/20 - 5/27/2015
1)  Journal at least once a week
2)  Speed walk at least twice a week
3)  Daily activity and exercise
4) Drink at least 80 oz of water a day

No comments: