Saturday, May 9, 2015

Week 16 of Healthier Living in 2015

5/6/2015
For week of 4/29 - 5/6/2015
Weigh in Weight: 152.6 lbs. gain/loss of 0 lbs.

During week 16, I gained weight, I lost weight and ended up at the same weight neither losing or gaining since my last weigh in.

I was much better about being active and getting daily exercise this week.  I even found time two days during the week to get in some speed walking on our treadmill.  Finding the time to get down and have a sweat fest exercising around here is a rare treat.  With the nice weather recently, I have been able to walk outside, around town a lot.  The fresh air and the warm sun are amazing and help to keep me balanced in a very healthy way.

I kept up with my water consumption as well, drinking at least 80 oz of water a day.  The one downfall is having to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.  But drinking at least 80 oz of water a day has helped me to maintain my weight and to relieve the water retention and constipation I can have sometimes.

My third goal for week 16 was to work on continuing to de-clutter my life of stuff I don't need or won't use again.  I went through several boxes of stuff and have a lot of paper recycling to bring to Great Falls the next time we go.  De-cluttering the crap from my life, allows me to focus on more important things like my family and friends.

We are planning to have a garage sale this summer, but after going through my stuff, I realized that most of it was just junk I hadn't yet thrown away.  I have a few things that we can sell, and clothes to donate.  Once my husband goes through all of his stuff, we will have a pretty decent stash to have a garage sale.

I'm not sure if I could ever live a minimalist life, especially with a young child at this point, but recycling old papers and magazines, getting rid of books I won't read or read again, general de-cluttering leaves more room in my life for the important things.  And I feel mentally, emotionally, and physically less weighed down by the clutter.  So until next time, Keep on keeping on!!! :)

Goals for week 17:  5/6 - 5/13/2015
1) Daily activity and exercise
2) Start reading a new book
3) Journal 3 times during the week

No comments: