Saturday, May 2, 2015

Weeks 14, 15 and part of 16 of Healthier Living in 2015

5/2/2015
For weeks of 4/15 - 5/2/2015
Weigh in Weight:  152.6 gain of 1.6 lbs.

So it's been a while since I posted about my adventures in healthier living in 2015.  I had intended to post on April 23rd once I got to Minnesota for our brief vacation, but I didn't have access to a scale and frankly I forgot.  So then, I was going to make sure I posted on April 29th, so it would only have been two weeks between posts, but again, it was not on the radar.  So, I am finally posting in the middle of week 16.  We don't have any more vacations planned for a while, so I will be posting weekly on Wednesday or Thursday for the foreseeable future.

Considering I've been on vacation off and on through the month of April, I'm surprised that I haven't gained more weight than I have.  I'm not the greatest at paying attention to my exercise and diet all the time when I am away from home.  But I am not alone in this.  Most people gain weight when they travel.  I personally retain a lot of water when I travel.  Whether by car, train or plane, I retain water, mostly in my legs and tend to have problems with constipation no matter how much water and other fluids I drink while traveling.  Luckily, I bounce back quickly once I reach my destination and those problems go away with lots of active movement and water.  Activity and a lot of water helps me to get rid of most of my water retention and my weight goes back to what it was or pretty close to it.

So travel tip for all of you who have water retention problems like I do, a lot of movement, a lot of activity like walking or playing in the park with your kid(s) and drinking at least 80 oz of water a day while on vacation helps get rid of water retention and just plan makes you feel better in every way. :)

I've decided that even though I didn't weigh in until today, I am going to start fresh with week 16 on April 29th and post again on May 6th, so I can be back on posting schedule.  So until my next post, Keep on keeping on! :)

Goals for week 16:  4/29 - 5/6/2015
1) Some kind of daily exercise and activity
2) Drink at least 80 oz of water a day
3) Declutter and organize my stuff (will ruminate on this more in my next post)

No comments: