Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Gluten-Free...

I love all things bread!  Bagels, English muffins, cereal, homemade sandwich thins, pizza, donuts, and any manner of carbtastic desserts!

But lately over the last few months, I have been dealing with some bloating and inflammation, which can be side effects of gallbladder removal.  And so, I am slowly working my way to becoming gluten free.  All signs point to gluten as the irritant, which of course, is devastating for me because of my love for all things carb related.

I am being proactive though and searching for equivalent recipes and products to what I love but gluten free.  I will have to get used to the different taste of the new recipes.  It will be more expensive to make certain things like our homemade bread because we'll have to use an alternative flour source.

In the end though, I know it will be worth it.  It will be worth not having the big inflamed bulge in my stomach and abdominal areas.  It will be worth it to fit in my clothes again and to not feel self-conscious every time I go out in public.  It will be worth it to feel good on the inside again, with less gas build up and aches and pains.

I am making this leap into the unknown for myself so I can feel better in every way possible; so I can be more present for my family and friends and so I can fit into my clothes again!

Wish me luck, as this is going to be hard; one of the hardest things I have done in a long time

Until next time!

Megan

No comments: