Sunday, September 30, 2007

October 1st in 25 minutes...

It baffles me that it is October already. I feel like it just turned spring two days ago. Anyway, the concept of time is baffling to me period. Sometimes it feels like things are at a stand still and then all of a sudden I feel in a rush. Sometimes I get so bored and sometimes I feel so busy...
Anyway, I'm only going to write a brief blog right now because I am tired and heading to bed but I wanted to share my news with you all.
I have been promoted at both of my jobs. At my law office job, I have gone from a temp. employee to actually working for the firm as their Assistant Law Librarian. Sadly it is only part-time but I really like it and so I took the position. I just have to sign on the dotted line and it's totally official.
At The Limited, I have been promoted to the position of Sales Lead, which is between being big-shot manager and a peon sales associate. Once I've done all the training I will be in charge of shifts and opening and closing the store as a part-time Sales Lead.
And this is where I become baffled by time again. I've only been working at The Limited for 2 months and at the Law Office for a month and a half and I'm being promoted. Of course I am honored that these places think so highly of me to promote me so soon, but I find myself wondering if I am ready. Do I know enough to be in charge after only 2 months? I guess I'll find out because I took the promotion and have no regrets as of late.
As for things outside of work, well there really isn't anything outside of work. Just trying to pay the bills and keep a roof over my head, save some money for my trip in January to the Holy Land with Luther Seminary peeps, and enjoy my downtime by reading up on the Medici and Machiavelli in Florence right before the beginning of the reformation period in history. Oh and of course I spend as much time as I can muster the energy for with friends and family. So there you have it. My life in a nutshell since the last time I blogged. Peace Out!!!

1 comment:

jen said...

Megan...I find myself wondering the same thing. How can I be here when I really don't know a darn thing about what I'm doing?? In truth, nothing really prepares you for internship. Much like nothing really prepares you for life. I wrote a rant recently about abandoning young adults into the realm of "the world." I'm glad you are doing well and are taking on "the world." Way to go with promotions!! I know you totally deserve them. Postcard will be in the mail in the next day or so.