Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WTF!!! What's that in my hair?!

Yesterday as I was getting ready for work, doing my normal routine, combing my fingers through my hair at one point the light in the bathroom hit upon something I did not expect.  Ok, I know I'm getting older, but seriously, finding a single silver piece of hair sticking out was not something I wanted to witness at this point in my life.  I blame it on my situation at the Seminary, which has mostly been taken care of and just the overabundance of stress living in a place that should really be condemned. 

The horror of that one single silver piece of hair coincides with the fact that I looked down at my hands the other day and had no idea whose they were.  They are beginning to look old, more elastic and there is extra skin that just shouldn't be that way.  Mom, you are right about the mile-stones of getting older, and yes, it freaked me out a bit.  I think I'll be more okay with having a piece of silver hair and older looking hands when I get into my 30's.  Then it is a tad bit more okay to start showing signs of aging.  Ah...the wonders of getting older and starting to look it. 

No comments: