Thursday, June 10, 2010

And Another One Bits the Dust...

In my last blog I mentioned a position at the office I decided to apply for that is full-time in the Office Services department.  I found out today that I did not get the job and basically sat around for two weeks waiting to hear back about it, only to find out that I was never even considered for it. 

Now, I'm not upset about not getting the job, in fact, I probably would have turned it down in the end.  What I'm upset about is being strung along for as long as I was.  If I was too late with my application to be considered, just tell me so.  Why the big show?!  I'm an adult; I can take the no.

This is the third time I've put my name in to be considered for a full-time position at the Law Office I work at and the third time I've been turned down.  Therefore, I've decided, yet again, to start the job search for a new job.  I know whatever I find will need to be part-time and flexible because of school.  I also know I will be taking a large pay cut with what ever job I end up with. 

I have a few ideas of where to start looking and until I find something else I will be staying in the part-time position I have now at the office. 

In an ideal world, I would stay at the office until September and then just be done working for the school year and focus on being a student, writing my thesis in the fall and working at a part-time job on campus, like the library or something like that to earn a little money to pay at least some of the bills every month.  Unfortunately, I've never been that lucky, so it will be interesting to see what the future brings on the job front in the next few months. 

Other than this disappointing day on the job front, things are going pretty good.  Research for my thesis proposal is coming along well thus far and wedding plans are continuing to come along pretty smoothly as well.  Invitations should arrive soon to be addressed and sent out in the near future.  I'm hoping, like, tomorrow, but who knows...

Holy dude, it's 11:04 in the pm.  I've got to get to bed.  "Check you later!"  (ala. Dazed and Confused style)

No comments: