Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Musing about Time...

Lately I have been spending a good amount of time musing about time.  It is an interesting concept to me.  Without reading all the philosophical mumbo-gumbo about the topic, I intend find myself often wondering why time seems to go so fast or so slow.  I remember when the summer seemed to last forever.  Now it is already almost July and it feels like not too long ago there was still snow on the ground. 

I suppose it has something to do with the fact that when we are younger we are actually able to relax and actually have bouts of boredom.  Now that I am 28 I have responsibilities, like paying bills so I have to work.  I am also a student so I have school work to do as well.  These two things take up loads of time; add on planning a wedding and training for a 5K race and it makes for a constantly busy me.  And of course, I want to spend time with friends in the area as well and occasionally see my parental units and brother.  This leaves very little "time" for myself. 

I do find that time though but I always have to sacrifice something else to have it.  So what if my apartment is disgusting, I'm going catch up with friends on facebook, or blog, or watch a movie or read for fun instead of cleaning it...  I don't need to work out today, I have to go grocery shopping instead...  I think I'm going to take myself to a movie, instead of read for my thesis proposal today because I might go insane if I don't.  Yes, something gets sacrificed so I can have time to myself.

I am looking forward to a time when I can actually just take a deep breath and do whatever I would like to do without sacrificing anything to do it.  Yes that time will come.  It's called the summer and/or fall of 2011.  Oh how that time can't come fast enough...

2 comments:

spedmomma said...

Hate to tell you sweety, but that time of ultimate relaxation when you can really let things go will be much farther away...try 30 years, yea, 30 years.

Megan's Blog said...

I know mom, but one can dream. ;)