Friday, June 4, 2010

ChiTown, Work and 5Ks...

School's out for the summer!  Sort of, well, actually, it was for about two weeks but now I have to get back to business.  Here is a summary of what has happened in the last two weeks:

I decided, inspired by many friends, to attempt to run a 5K this summer.  It will be on July 24th at Lumber Jack Days in Stillwater, Minnesota.  I am pretty pumped about it actually.  I have a lot of work to do on my breathing methods when I'm running because of my sports asthma, but I think I can pull it off.  :)  And I will not be racing alone.  My friends Michelle and Eric Eckstrom and possibly a few others are going to be walking/running that day too.  It will be a venerable party!  Woot Woot!

As for work, blah... I am very torn about work.  With researching and writing my thesis this next year, I really need to be in full student mode, which work does not allow me to do.  If I was still working only 12 hours a week at the office things would be different.  And genius me thought it would be a great idea to put my name in the running for a 37.5 hour a week position.  For the summer it would be great, but once things really start picking up with school again, I will probably go crazy.  I have absolutely no idea what to do.  The extra money and being able to pay the bills for us would be awesome.  So would my sanity.  I already know what my mom will say.  Need to have the money to pay the bills.  That's true, but I also need the time to finish up my degree and graduate.  Ugh...expletive, expletive, EXPLETIVE being an adult!

As for ChiTown :D, I went to visit Jason in Valparaiso, Indiana this past weekend which was wonderful!  We spent Saturday in downtown Chicago, which I LOVED!  All the tall buildings and old buildings and parks and the Lake; LOVED IT!  I'm not sure I'd ever want to live there though.  It's a great place to visit for a few days, every few years or so, but to live there is another story.

So I have a mission for you all if you choose to accept it:  Say a few prayers for me as I discern what the "dude" to do about my work situation.  Currently I work 22.5 hours a week, which is fine, but there are problems that go along with it, which I can't get into on blogger.

Thanks for your continued support and I love you all very much!

My next blog will have actual pictures of our time in ChiTown. :)

3 comments:

Carrie Hennessy said...

I think you should take the position dear if you are offered it. Yes, it will be a lot of work to juggle both I really think you will thank yourself for taking it for the extra money. And what if you had enough to start saving??? Your weekends will be all the more sweeter to have rest and your bills will thank you. You will just have to be a bit more careful and specific with your schedule to make sure you get enough time in for studying and writing but I know you can do it!!

Megan's Blog said...

That's what I'm leaning towards as well. I'll miss out on a lot of spontaneous stuff at the Sem. but I can always catch up on weekends.

Bethany said...

Know that I'm praying for you.