Friday, July 10, 2015

Week 25 of Healthier Living in 2015

7/8/2015
For week 25: 7/3 - 7/8-2015
Weigh in Weight: 161.2 lbs
Previous weigh in weight on 7/3: 163.7 lbs

I decided for one of my goals in my last post that I needed to make more realistic goals that I can fulfill for week 25.  And I did!

My husband and I sat down together one afternoon and re-did our budget for 2015.  We also came up with a debt tackling strategy.  It will take some time, but I believe it is realistic and achievable.  One of my new goals after looking at our budget is to find a way to make some side money to help us out financially.  I have some pretty good ideas besides my books sales (will post more about my book later) that could potentially be lucrative in some manor.

So having reworked our budget for 2015, I was able to focus on my other two goals for week 25.  I drank 80-100 oz of water a day and wrote in my journal at least once during the week.  It was actually only once and should really bump it up to at least two time a week because writing in my journal really helps me process my thoughts.

I fulfilled my goals and feel really good emotionally and mentally.  I now need to work on the physical part.  Our schedule has really gotten off balance and I hardly have time to myself in the mornings anymore to do my speed walking on the treadmill, which is the best work out for me since I am pregnant and am restricted in some of the exercising I can do.  I basically have to choose between getting a little more sleep in the morning or getting up early to go down to the basement and exercise.  I've chosen to rest and sleep.

Therefore, my goals for week 26 are going to focus on healthier eating habits and making sure I get daily exercise and activity into each day.  This week I am focusing more on my physical health, but also continue to work on my emotional and mental health too.  Physically activity and a healthy diet for me tend to go hand in hand with not only feeling better physically but also emotionally and mentally.  Until next week:  Keep on keeping on!

Goals for week 26:  7/8 - 7/15/2015
1)  Fill half my plate with fruits and vegetables at meal times
2)  Eat healthy snacks mid-morning and in the afternoon
3)  Write in my journal at least twice during the week
4)  Start planning and working on some side projects to make some extra money to put towards our debt tackling strategy.

No comments: