Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I'm Back.......

After a long hiatus from blogging, I have decided to try it again.

I have found that I use it as more of an ideas, thoughts, journal rather than what most bloggers do, which is to pick a topic and stick with that topic.  They become an expert on that topic and share their knowledge with their blog followers.

I am more of a blog what is on my mind at the moment or blog about something that I have been musing about kind of blogger. 

At one point, I thought about trying to make money by blogging.  It didn't work out so well.  But nevertheless, I continued to blog my thoughts and even spent a year blogging about living healthier.  That was fun to do and it kept me on track towards my healthier living goals.  I am working on doing it again for 2017.

There are so many blogs on the internet.  What would set mine apart from anyone else's anyway?  At this point in my life, not a whole lot.

I could blog about my parenting adventures, or life as a clergy spouse, or politics or history topics I am knowledgeable in that I would like to share with others.

But I think I will stick with my wandering thoughts, ideas and knowledge on various aspects of my life and if someone who reads my blog gets something out of it, I call that a win.

Blogging is harder than I ever thought it would be.  It is hard deciding how much I am willing to share about myself, my inmost thoughts.  It is scary and freeing at the same time. 

I have been inspired to blog again by reading several friends' blogs. 

I have no set agenda, no topics picked out before hand.  I will blog whenever I feel like it and about what is on my mind at the time.  It will be random and wandering and reflect my true thoughts. 

Needless to say, I'm back folks!

Now I better go see what my very quiet 4 year old son is up to.

No comments: