Monday, April 3, 2017

Healthier Living Week 13: 3/26 - 4/2/2017

4/3/2017

Week 13 of my healthier living journey was a banner week.  I am slowly but consistently losing weight in a healthy way and am feeling stronger and more focused than I have in a long time. 

Though I am still struggling to get a decent night of sleep because of my kids', I can tell the difference in my how my clothes are fitting and my energy level.

During week 13, I gave a presentation at our church on my book and it was pretty well attended.  I am consistently selling books every time I have them displayed and hope to be done selling them all by the time Sunday school ends in May.  Then I can really start promoting my book on Amazon.

The thing I am most excited about accomplishing during week 13 is that my husband and I sat down and came up with a plan to complete Baby Step #2 of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover in 14-15 months.  Once we complete this step, we will be completely out of debt except for my student loan, which is basically the same as a mortgage payment every month.  Then we can move onto Baby Step #3, which is so freaking exciting to me.  It is going to take a lot of focus and perseverance, but I know that my husband and I can do it because we are on this becoming debt-free journey together.

There was on goal I did not accomplish for week 13.  Yesterday, the last day of week 13, I did not drink 60oz of water. 

I am now a quarter way through my healthier living challenge for 2017.  I thought about quitting a few times and I definitely have had good weeks and bad, but I have kept going.  I am continuously rediscovering my grit factor and it is empowering.

For week 14, I am continuing with working daily exercise into my routine as well as embarking on intellectual persuits for the next book I want to get published through Augsburg Fortress or self-publish on Amazon KDP.

Until next time, onward and upward!

Goals for Week 14: 4/2 - 4/9/2017
1) 100 crunches daily
2) Do leg side lunges daily
3) Start getting research materials and researching for my next book
4) Read at least 30 minutes daily

Post a Comment