Friday, May 18, 2007

It is finished

Starting Wednesday around 3pm I became a free woman again. By free I mean, I am finished with my career as a student at Luther Seminary forever. Now the fun begins; the fun of getting a job. I have been good about applying for jobs, except this week. This week I just focused on getting my last assignments done. I wish I could say I was sad about being done with Luther Seminary, but that would not be the whole truth.

The truth is, I am looking forward to the next step in my life, whatever that may be. I am going to learn German, brush up on my French, retake the GRE because my last score pretty much sucks the big one, and apply for Fall 2008 entry into PhD programs for Church History. In the meantime, I have to get a job to pay the bills or maybe two depending on what I can find out there. I'm optimist that an opportunity will soon present itself in some form or other.

One thing I will miss though about Luther is the people I have come to know and love. All my friends especially. I will miss the craziness that is Luther Seminary, some of the great professors, and the opportunity to learn new things everyday. Not that I can't do this on my own, or won't be doing this when I return to school, but nothing will ever be like my time at Luther Seminary. I will forever cherish the last two years of my life as some the most challenging and best years of my life.

Thank you everyone for allowing me into your life, taking me in, and being awesome. Even if we lose contact with each other, I will never forget the amazing people I met during my two years at Luther Seminary. God Bless!!!

3 comments:

doulos theou said...

Hey, that's awesome. Keep us posted whatever you end up doing.

Good luck, we are all counting on you. (A line from my favorite movie.)

Anonymous said...

miss you mucho. see you at graduation?
karen

jen said...

Two years can really fly by can't they? So much has happened since we really started to get to know each other. Drives to here, walks to there, working in Sheol, papers, classes, parties, so much. But never too much. There's always time for more. I salute you on being freed from classes here! Such an accomplishment to have finished your thesis. I'm proud of you!