Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Finally Ready to Write a New Blog Entry

Ok, to be honest, I have no idea what I am going to write. I don't have a job yet, but am still diligently and desperately searching.
So to keep myself occupied I have offered my assistance to friends who are moving from Bockman Hall to the apartments and from the apartments to wherever their next destination may be. It is strange how things change so quickly.
I graduated on May 27th and yet I feel as though my time a Luther Seminary is not over. At the same time, I am more than ready to move on to something else for a while. I really really really strongly dislike these transition periods in life. And then again, it is an exciting time because anything can happen. The world is at my disposal. I can do anything. But I don't want to do just anything. Here are two things I know for sure about the next year and a half:

1) I am going to the Holy Land in January with Luther Seminary because I didn't get to go last year and Gary talked me into it for this year.
2) I am going back to school for my PhD in the fall of 2008. Not sure where yet but it is between four places: Union Theological Seminary in New York; Harvard Divinity School; Princeton Theological Seminary; and Luther Seminary.

I may have written about these two definite decisions I have made before but I don't remember. What I need to do now is fill my time with work (when I get a job) and spending time with friends and family. I find sometimes that I am a big dreamer. I want a great job to tide me over until I start school again, but really, what I need to do is just get a job, any job that pays and has benefits so I can afford and continue to get my happy pills from the drug store without having to pay out the ass for them.

This blog is random, much like my life is right now. Maybe someday I'll write in a cohesive thought process again. As for now, I am going to stop babbling on like an idiot and go read a fun book.

1 comment:

doulos theou said...

I feel like I have been in a transition period since I got my undergrad degree. I have changed my grad degrees several times and have several career changes. It is kinda fun actually.

Next week with the temperature in the 90's, we should go hit the beach with some Sem people if you are up for it. Most people I talked to just want to tan their ghostly white skin.

I'll give you a call when we go.