Thursday, June 14, 2007

And the Beat Goes on...

It has been almost three weeks since I graduated from Luther Seminary. A lot can happen in three weeks.

First of all I have finally heard back about a job. I went in for an interview on Tuesday this week and it went well. They tested me on my knowledge of Microsoft 2000 which was weird and I didn't do too well, but apparently I impressed them enough in my face to face interview that I got a call the next day about a 3-6 month project that they had. I still need to get the rest of the logistics but I'm hoping it works out because I need a job now. I'm crawling out of my skin and need something mindless to keep me busy as opposed to doing a whole lot of nothing.

I am moving to Saint Louis Park, just 2 minutes outside of the Minneapolis, Calhoun Lake area. It's a nice two bedroom and my roommate is super cool. I'm excited about it. But I'm still waiting to hear back about whether or not we both passed all the preliminary crap before they accept us as tenants or something like that. Whatever, all I know is that I need to move so I'll be moving somewhere, hopefully to the place in STLP July 1st.

Oh, and my sister who lives in New Hampshire is visiting for the next 10 or so days with the kiddies. They are staying at my parental units house. I talked to my 3 year old nephew Dylan on the phone today and he wants me to come down and play motorcycle racing and go to the pool with him today. How can I say no to that?! My 8 month old niece Savanna is just the cutest and has a huge smile. But I have to be honest, I have no idea how my sister Stephanie can do it; take care of two little ones. It boggles my mind.

So today I am heading down to the parental units house and mom, Steph, the kiddies and myself are all taking a trip to the pool for the afternoon. I haven't been to a public pool in ages. It should be interesting that's for sure. But if I am personally requested by Sir Dylan McDylan my adorable nephew to come then, well, like I said, how can I say no to that...

I love that my sister and the kiddies are visiting, but at the same time, I miss hanging out with my friends. I can only take so much family time before I feel like I'm going stir crazy. So soon I am going to make a break for it and escape for a day to hang out with friends. I've been invited to go to the lake either tomorrow or Saturday, but Saturday is out because it is a family day. My dad won't have to work and so we'll probably end up doing some big hoopla. But maybe they'll wait to do that on Sunday and I can go to the lake with friends Saturday. One can hope right?

I'll keep you informed about the craziness that is my life right now. As for the rest, well, The Beat Goes On...

No comments: