Friday, June 29, 2007

What A Day

Today has been quite the eventful day for me. This morning I got up around 8:30 and got ready to head over to St. Louis Park to sign my lease and start moving a few things into the apartment. When I got there, the carpet cleaners were just finishing up their work, which meant that I couldn't put anything on the floor because it is all carpeted except the small kitchen and bathroom. This meant that I couldn't move in the three tuberware boxes I had in my trunk which are still hanging out in there.

So I was only able to move in a few things, but it is better than nothing at all.

Then I went to start my car to go back to my soon to be old apartment in St. Paul and my car wouldn't start. It made the saddest little noise and then nothing. So I went to the super and ask her if she had any jumper cables and if she could jump my car. She said yes. Then I waited for her to be done with her showings which was a good half hour to 45 minutes later and we tried to jump my car. And nothing. So I frantically called my mother unit and told her what was going on to which she replied that she would call my father unit and tell him and then call me back.

Needless to say, my battery in my car is kaput and my parental units are buying me a new one which my father unit will put in my car tomorrow when they come up to help me move. I love my family.

So now that that situation was somewhat resolved, I had no choice but to leave my car where it was in St. Louis Park out front of my new apartment building. So there it sits until tomorrow. I was stranded there but then my good friend Veronica agreed to come pick me up and bring me back to St. Paul. I took her out to lunch for her efforts. I love my friends.

Now I am stuck in my St. Paul apartment until tomorrow with no form of transportation, which is turns out to be a good thing because I still have some things to get packed up and now I am forced to do it because I have nothing else to do. All I have to say is, "What A Day!!!"

2 comments:

doulos theou said...

Good! I am glad you are okay. It just seems like you blog something whenever something bad happens.

Sarah said...

I hope the move went well. Wish I could be there to help you! We all know that I owe you a couple of moves!