Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week 35 of Healthier Living in 2015

9/16/2015
For week of: 9/9 - 9/16/2015
Weigh in Weight: 159.6 lbs
Previous Weigh in Weight: 159.2 lbs. gain of 4 oz

Goals for Week 35:
1) 30 minutes to an hour of reading daily
2) 30 minutes to an hour of writing daily
3) Continue to be better about being in contact with friends and family
4) Take at least 5 photos daily for my side money gig
5) Clean the house and laundry


Week 35 was a mixed bag for working on and completing goals I set for myself for the week.  I made time to read each day for 30 minutes to an hour.  I wrote for a project I'm working on and wrote in my journal and between the two things, wrote 30 minutes to an hour each day.  Through text and facebook I did better about being in contact with friends and family and with the help of my husband, we cleaned the house and I did all the laundry.

I keep forgetting to take our nice camera with us wherever we go to take photos for my side money gig.  I have been taking them with my phone instead, but still need to download them onto my laptop so I can upload them onto the site.  I have not been doing well with my side money gig daily, so it will continue to be on my goals list until it becomes part of my daily routine and I don't forget anymore.

I am definitely getting towards the end of my pregnancy.  I am a walking, talking hormonal mess.  I try really hard to not be, but at least once a day I lose my patience, especially with my husband.  It is the new program year at both churches (did I mention my husband is a pastor in the ELCA) and he isn't around as much as he was over the summer.  This means that I am single momming it a lot with my 3 year old son.  We love each other very much, but that much time together drives us both crazy.  Add on top of that, that I am in my third trimester of pregnancy and am exhausted all of the time and it creates a less than good situation in our household.  So I am trying to hold it together and not be stressed, take care of our son and be as supportive as I can with my husband.  Needless to say, week 35 was not a banner week.  Week 36 was even less of a banner week, but I'll get into that hopefully this coming Wednesday, like I should.

Okay, enough ranting and onto a new set of goals for week 36.  For week 36, I am going to label how each goal will help me live in a healthier way for the week.  So far week 36 has been one stressful situation after another, but if I stay focused on living healthier, the second half of the week will go much better than the first.

Goals for Week 36: 9/16 - 9/23/2015
1) 30 minutes to an hour of writing daily.  This includes writing for the big project I'm working on for the Montana Synod of the ELCA, and the parish newsletter.  (emotional/mental/intellectual health)
2) 30 minutes to an hour of reading daily.  (emotional/mental/intellectual health)
3) Work on speech therapy homework and some other educational activities with my 3 year old son. (bonding time/intellectual/emotional, mental health)
4) Upload more photos on to the site for my side money gig (creativity/physical health)
5) Daily walking either on the treadmill, outside if weather permits or both (physical health)

No comments: