Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Week 36 of Healthier Living in 2015

9/23/2015
For week of: 9/16 - 9/23/2015
Weigh in Weight: 160.6 lbs.
Previous Weigh in Weight: 159.6 lbs. gain of 1lb.

Goals for Week 36:
1) 30 minutes to an hour of writing daily.  Includes writing for the big project I'm working on for the Montana Synod of the ELCA and parish newsletter.
2) 30 minutes to an hour of reading daily
3) Work on speech therapy homework and some other educational activities with my 3 year old son
4) Upload more photos on the site for my side money gig
5) Daily walking either on treadmill, outside or both (weather permitting)

I posted late for week 35 so I ended up discussing a little bit about how stressful the first half of week 36 of my healthier living journey was.  It is too personal to share on this blog, but the situation is much better and my mental and emotional status are much better.

Unfortunately I am starting to deal with some water retention issues again mostly stress related, which will hopefully ease up by drinking more water, getting more sleep, and continued exercise.  Some of the weight I put on is baby boy and that is good because it means he is growing like he needs to be. :)

Despite the extreme stress I was under, I was able to work on and complete all of my goals except uploading more photos onto my iStock account, otherwise known as my side money gig.  I was especially proud of the work I've been able to do with minimal time on the Reformation timeline I am working on for the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation for the Montana Synod of the ELCA 500th committee.  I was intellectually stimulated which helped my mental and emotional health.

I wrote in my journal quite a bit as well.  My daily reading consisted of doing research online, reading blogs on various subjects, and catching up slowly on my TIME magazines.  Again, with this goal I was able to feed my intellectual side, which in turn helped my mental and emotional health.

Working on my son's speech therapy homework and doing fun educational activities together has been such a blessing for us.  We have had some wonderful binding time and he seems to be feeling much more confident with his verbal skills.  Working with his speech therapist has helped him even more than what we can do with him at home, but I love watching him bloom when he learns a new skill and can express his excitement about it now.  Slowly but surely he'll be speaking and people will understand him in turn. :)

I either walked on the treadmill or walked outside each day.  Some days I was able to do both.  The weather has mostly been favorable to do so.  What will happen when it gets too cold to walk outside, I have no idea, but for now, I am happy to be able to continue walking outside with my family or just my son, when my husband can't join us.  The physical activity has really helped me with my energy levels.  Though I am in my third trimester and exhaustion is creepy back in, getting some form of daily exercise helps me a great deal to keep going each day.

My goals will continue to be similar to previous weeks for week 37.  Until next week, Keep on keeping on!

Goals for Week 37:
1) Preschool activities and speech therapy homework with my son.
2) 30 minutes to an hour of reading a day
3) 30 minutes to a hour of writing a day, including working on my timeline project
4) Daily walking on the treadmill, outside or both (weather permitting)
5) Start working Baby step #1 of the Dave Ramsey method, save $1000 for emergency fund.

No comments: