Friday, October 2, 2015

Week 37 of Healthier Living in 2015

9/30/2015
For week of: 9/23 - 9/30/2015
Weigh in Weight: n/a (no access to a scale)
Previous weigh in weight: 160.6 lbs

Goals for week 37:
1) Preschool activities and speech therapy homework with my son
2) 30 minutes to 1 hour reading daily
3) 30 minutes to 1 hour writing/working on timeline project daily (or when I can)
4) Daily exercise/walk on treadmill or outside (weather permitting)
5) Start a $1000 emergency fund Dave Ramsey style

The entire week of week 38 we are on vacation in Minnesota, visiting family, friends and going to one of our best friend from seminary's wedding on Saturday. 

The finally two days of week 37 had us traveling in the car to Minnesota, so not much in the way of daily exercise took place.  We did stop frequently for bathroom breaks and to get out of the car and walk around, but no really exercise. 

Overall, daily exercise was lacking for me most of week 37.  I did my best on Friday and Saturday during the conference I attended with my husband to get out of the building and walk for 10 to 20 minutes after meals and before I had to check my blood sugar.  It didn't happen after every meal but I tried to get up and move around throughout the days of the conference so I wasn't sedentary the whole time. 

I also did not have the time to write for 30 minutes to an hour each day, or work on my timeline project each day either.  It should really have taken the time to at least journal for a few minutes each day.  I think it would have really been a good distressor for me.  My timeline project is slowly coming along and I have at least 7 more weeks to work on it before I'm out of commission for a while.

It was easier for me to find the time to read for a decent amount of time each day and I made the time and was very motivated to do bonding time speech therapy homework and preschool activities with my 3 year old son.  So of my favorite moments of my week 37 journey were doing fun educational activities with my kid.  Of course, he was just having fun, but learning at the same time, but mostly having fun. :)

And despite the craziness of the last several weeks, I was able to start an emergency fund savings ala Dave Ramsey style.  I'm pretty excited about this.  I'm already just over a third of the way to $1000. :) Yay!!!

Okay, since I am on vacation the whole of week 38, I am setting a few less strenuous more vacation friendly, and yet still healthier living related, goals for myself.  So until next time Keep on keeping on! :)

Goals for week 38: 9/30 - 10/7/2015
1) Speech therapy and preschool activities with my son
2) Daily exercise, stairs and/or walking
3) Continuing to build $1000 emergency fund
4) Sell remaining books mom has on hand

No comments: