Thursday, October 15, 2015

Week 39 of Healthier Living in 2015

10/14/2015
For week of: 10/7 - 10/14/2015
Weigh in Weight: 160.6 lbs
Previous Weigh in Weight: 159.8 lbs. gain of 8 oz.

Goals for Week 39:
1) Sell 1-3 books this week and continue building $1000 emergency fund (baby step #1 of the Dave Ramsey method)
2) Speech therapy and preschool activities with our 3 year old son
3) Daily exercise (outside weather permitting)
4) 30 minutes to an hour of reading a day
5) 30 minutes to an hour of writing a day

Week 39 was an okay week.  Emotionally, it was not a good week for me.  I was very depressed and felt isolated from the world, people and my family.  I was upset about having to come back to less than decent circumstances and being alone a lot.  And although I am still upset and unhappy, one of my goals for week 40 and beyond is to get back to a place where I am okay with even contemplating "fake it till you make it".  Right now, I can't even do that, which is affecting my marriage and my son.  He knows something is amiss with momma and so he has been super clingy since we returned from our trip to Minnesota.

Despite my, "I could give a crap less" attitude this past week, I managed to work on and do each of my goals for week 39.

I sold one of my books, which helped in a very small way to contribute to our $1000 emergency fund.  We are starting our journey with the Dave Ramsey baby steps to financial freedom.  So far, through my direct selling book sales and presentations, I have been able to pay off the purchasing of the books I have on hand from our credit card and save over 1/3 of our $1000 emergency fund goal.  I'm working on coming up with some other ideas to save along with continuing to sell 1-3 books each week until I run out of my on hand stock.

Each day, my son and I worked on his speech therapy homework and did some fun preschool activities I have found on Pinterest and other online sources.  His speech therapist has also given us some good preschool activity ideas that we have been doing together too.  It has been so much fun to watch him learn and grow and to do it together.

My daily activity for week 39 was a bit more limited than it should have been.  Each day, I did get some form of exercise, whether it was going up and down the basement stairs, walking outside, or walking on the treadmill.  Third trimester exhaustion is really starting to hit me, so some days I just took a nap and stayed rested as much as one can stay rested with an active 3 year old.  But again, despite the exhaustion, I managed to get some form of decent exercise each day.

Part of my resting time each day went towards reading for about an hour each day.  My mom bought us two books and I have been reading "The Highly Sensitive Child" and trying to catch up on my Time magazines.  The book is great.  I will write about it more in the coming weeks.

My writing time was limited week 39.  In fact, that is the one goal, I almost didn't finish but I took time away from my husband most nights after our son went to bed and wrote in my journal.  I need to take more time this coming week to write so I can finish the timeline project I've been working on.  I also have some blog post ideas floating around in my head that would be nice to type up and post on my blog. 

My goals for week 40 of my healthier living journey are just like those of the past several weeks.  They will probably continue to be goals for me until they just become part of my daily and weekly routine.  Once I don't have to look at my goals list anymore because these things are just part of my life, I will start working on new goals.

Until next Wednesday, Keep on keeping on!!!

Goals for Week 40: 10/14 - 10/21/2015
1) Daily exercise (treadmill, stairs, walking outside)
2) Sell 1-3 copies of my book that I have on hand this week.  This will help with continuing to build our $1000 emergency fund Dave Ramsey baby step #1.
3) Work on having a more positive attitude about life.
4) 30 minutes to an hour of writing a day
5) 30 minutes to an hour of reading a day

No comments: