Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Week 43 of Healthier Living in 2015

11/11/2015
For Week of: 11/4 - 11/11/2015
Weigh in Weight: 162.2 lbs
Previous Weigh in Weight: 160.6 lbs gain of 1.6 lbs

Goals for Week 43:
1) Sell 1-3 of my books for the week, continue to build $1000 emergency fund through various avenues
2) Read book and magazines for 30 minutes to 1 hour each day
3) Spend less time on facebook and pinterest
4) Finish Samantha's baby blanket and start crocheting more scarves to sell online, etc...
5) Write for 15 -20 minutes at least 3 days a week
6) Do more fun preschool activities with my son as well as speech therapy homework

I completed and worked on 4 out of my 6 goals for week 43.  I am changing things up a bit for week 44 because I need a change of pace for the next couple of weeks until baby boy is born on November 30th unless he comes earlier.

I have to make an adjustment to my completed goals for the week of Oct. 28 - Nov. 4.  I got confirmation that the lady at the local coffee shop would carry two of my books to sell but wasn't paid for the books until week 43, Nov. 4 - Nov. 11.  Therefore, I was able to sell 2 of my books during week 43 and accomplish my goal of selling 1-3 books for the week.

As for the $1000 emergency fund, I have decided to put it on hold for a little bit, unless I end up getting some money from my publishing company, sell more books I have on stock or sell a decent number of scarves and baby blankets.  The money I've saved up so far is going to go towards paying off some of the credit card debt I accrued for marketing costs to publish my book.  So I will have a lot of work to do to rebuild the emergency fund but for now, the money needs to go elsewhere and pay off debt.

Each day I made time to read for at least 30 minutes and I made time to write 15-20 minutes 3 days out of the week.  I was able to finish our great niece's baby blanket and will be starting to make more scarves to sell online and maybe even at the local holiday walk in town.

I failed at my goal to spend less time on facebook and pinterest.  I spent too much time on both over the last week, mostly when my son was having quiet time or wanting to have alone time.  I need limit my time of both facebook and pinterest to 30 minutes a day and not allowing myself to be on either at least one day a week.

Doing preschool and speech therapy activities didn't happen as much as I would have liked with my son.  My energy levels and his energy levels were pretty lacking during week 43.  I am going to make more of an effort to do more crafts and fun activities with my son, instead of allowing him to watch tv shows and movies for quiet time in the afternoon.  He and I both need to get back into the routine of story time, fun activities and quiet time with minimal tv in the afternoons.  He seemed to be much happier and more confident when we were doing those kinds of things together.  I'm hoping that I have the energy to get back into it the next couple of weeks because my son deserves it and I love the bonding time with him.

Speaking of lacking energy, it has taken me almost an hour to finish this blog post because I keep zoning in and out.  I better get my act together so I have enough energy for the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening to take care of and interact with my son.

For my goals for week 44 of my healthier living journey, I am going to focus on the different aspects of my health; intellectual, mental, emotional and physical.  I'm sure there are others but these are the ones that help me get through the day and be an overall healthier person, wife and mom.  Until next week, Keep on keeping on!

Goals for week 44: 11/11 - 11/18/2015
1) Read 30 + minutes a day (intellectual, mental, emotional)
2) Write 15 -20 minutes most days of the week (intellectual, emotional, mental)
3) Do preschool crafts and speech therapy exercises with my son (bonding time, emotional, mental)
4) Be creative about getting daily exercise (physical, mental, emotional)
5) Crochet/make scarves to sell online and other venues...and take good professional looking photos of them to post (emotional, intellectual, mental)

No comments: