Thursday, October 7, 2010

Continuing to wait...

I am still waiting for an answer about my thesis proposal, but I have gotten the okay from my readers which makes me less nervous and stressed about the situation.  So while I wait for the division to give the okay, I am continuing to read sources and trying to keep my cool.  Luckily there are plenty of fun outtings this weekend to keep me distracted from the waiting.

Tomorrow night is Oktoberfest at Gastof's in N.E. Minneapolis.  This yearly tradition was started in October 2007, when I went with my good friend Veronica Webber and company.  I honestly don't remember everyone who was there that night, I just remember it was crowded and a whole lot of fun. :-)  I have continued going every years since.  This year is no exception and I'm just really excited to get myself a yummy Bavarian pretzl and guzzle down some German beer.

Saturday is my friend Matt's birthday party, which starts at Don Pablo's and continues at Manning's.  I am very much looking forward to celebrating with Matt and company that night, Matt's day of birth. :-)

Aside:  my phone just died while I was typing this.  If you want to get a hold of me, you'll have to wait till after 6pm when I get home and plug it in.

Anyway, plenty of great happenings going on to keep me distracted.  Now just to figure out how to keep myself distracted when I need to be sleeping.  That ought to be hilarious.

On another note:  My fantastic husband Jason has been approved by his faculty committee for First Call, which is a big step in the 5 bizillion step process he will be going throughout the rest of the school year.  I am extremely proud of him!!!  Love you handsome!!!

Hmmm...is there anything else to say?  Not right now.  I think I am going to work on coming up with something to write on my history blog.  It has turned into a book summary and recommendation blog, which is not what I originally intended it to be, but it works.  I've read plenty of history books in the last few months, but figuring out what I want to write about them is challenging.  Hey, that's something else I can do to keep myself distracted while waiting; come up with blog entries for my history blog, that no one reads.  It's mostly for myself anyway, so that's not a big deal.

Okay, now I am done writing.  My thoughts are becoming all gumbled and are not making much sense to me anymore.  When that happens it's time to quit for the day and start again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

thanks for the update -- miss you. hope you have lots of fun and that they get back to you soon.

and, if you don't mind me asking -- what is your history blog? I'd love to read it.

Megan's Blog said...

My history blog is just a collection of recommendations and summaries of books I've read in the past year. They all have something to do with history, most of them are books I've read for my thesis. I haven't updated it since July and really should soon. I have a couple of entries already in the works. I usually share them on Facebook.

Miss you too!!!