Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sleep is for...well apparently not me.

I am exhausted!  I spent last night tossing and turning trying to figure out how to deal with writing about almost two thousand years of history in 15 to 20 pages.  It's not an easy problem to work out, but I think I finally have a solution; unfortunately I am so exhausted from my sleepless night that I might have to wait till tomorrow to go to the library and write. 

NO!  I have to stop doing that.  I have to force myself to go to the library for at least an hour tonight and work on my thesis.  I even drove up to campus today to force myself to go up there after work even if it is only for 30 minutes and I write 2 pages, per my self-perscribed schedule and then get back home before Glee comes on. 

The two or more pages I write before I head back to the apartment to watch Glee probably won't be very good, but at least I'll have something to work with later. 

Okay, I think I have sufficiently convinced myself to go to the library after work for a little bit and work on my thesis.  I think I just needed to focus myself a bit.  Tomorrow will be the major writing day, but it will be good to get a little done tonight too. 

Off to go and break the receptionist at work, then to read a little about "The Origins of Christian Zionism" in 19th century England, before I have to take over receptionist duties from 4 to 5:30.  Today would have been a perfect day to sit in the library and write, since the weather is gross.  Oh well.  Maybe tomorrow will be just as gross and be another perfect day to sit and write at my carrel.  One can dream.

No comments: