Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I think the wait will be over soon....

Today or tomorrow I will be finding out whether the History/Systematic Theology division has accepted my thesis proposal. 

What it means if it is accepted:  I pay the $250 candidacy fee and become a candidate to graduate with a Master's of Theology from Luther Seminary upon completing my thesis in accordance with the deadlines given to use by the Graduate Studies office.

What it means if it is not accepted:  1) I have to wait till November when the division meets again and revise my thesis proposal to their specifications so it will be acceptable.  It will also put writing my thesis on hold, which means it is less likely that I meet the deadlines in order to graduate in May.  2) I will lose my will to live!

I decided a while ago that I want to write at least two pages of my thesis every day, with the exception of Saturdays or maybe Sundays (that I haven't decided yet.)  It has to be 100 pages in length covering all the material necessary to make a cohesive argument for my thesis.  That would mean that every 10 days (let's say Monday through Friday; so every two weeks)  I will have a rough draft of my thesis written and ready to turn in to my advisor who will look it over and advise me on revisions to be done. 

In order to keep myself on track I also made another decision; to keep track of my progress using one of my blogs.  Now, I have two blogs to choose from, this blog or my history blog.  I'm thinking I should write about my thesis stuff of my history blog, but if I do that I make it into more of a daily journal about myself rather than history.  Oh, I don't know what to do.  I suppose I'll make that decision when I find out whether or not my thesis proposal has been accepted. 

Other than my constant anxiety about my thesis proposal, life is pretty great.  Extremely busy, but great!  Well that's enough yammering on for now.  I'm going to go and check my luthersem email for the billionth time to see if I have any news yet about my thesis stuff.  Cross everything people!!!  I really need to get accepted today!

No comments: