Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 2 of Healthier Living in 2015

1/28/2015
For the week of 1/21-1/28/2015
Weigh in Weight for 1/28/2015:  150.6 lose of 2 lbs.

We have had gorgeous weather this last week.  With the warmer temperatures melting the snow and ice off the roads in Fairfield, Preston and I have been able to go for relatively long walks the last couple of days.  So movement and exercise have been in abundance this past week.  I'm feeling great and have more energy than I've had since the fall.

As for completing this last weeks goals, I had my ups and downs.

I did really good with eating low/no cholesterol meals until we went out for lunch on Friday, the 23rd.  I ate a lot at that meal.  My entire 3-cheese chicken penne (sp?) meal and some spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips.  I went into lunch really really hungry and I just let myself eat.  Monday the 26th was a late night and we ended up just having pizza with veggies and fruit for dinner.  I had 2 pieces of pizza.  I try to stick to 1.  This is a goal I definitely need to work on.

I did great with my goal of filling half my plate at every meal with fruits and/or vegetables.  It's so easy to do.  It helps if you have something to dip your veggies into.  We use a recipe from my South Beach Diet Book to make homemade hummus.  We also make guacamole (we use spice packets that you can get for cheap at Walmart to make our guacamole.)  Giving a little flavor to cut up carrots, celery, cucumber, and pepper makes it more fun to eat so many veggies at almost every meal.  I find it is easier to eat more fruit at breakfast than vegetables, so that's what I've been doing each morning.  When I eat grains, I only eat whole wheat grains, which contain good fibers that help the digestive system.  It's all about a balanced meal folks.

I did okay with my goal of sleeping 7-8 hours each night.  There were two nights that I had some trouble sleeping because I went to bed with too much on my mind.  But 5 out of 7 nights is pretty good.  I am going to keep this goal on my list of goals this week because I want to get to 7 out of 7 nights of 7-8 hours of sleep.  I can totally tell the difference in my emotional, mental, and physical states of being when I get enough sleep each night.

So my goals for the week of 1/28-2/4/2015 are:
1) Drink 80 oz of water daily
2) Continue to fill half my plate with fruits and/or vegetables
3) Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night

No comments: