Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 4 of Healthier Living in 2015

2/11/2015
For the week of 2/4 - 2/11/2015
Weigh in Weight:  150.0 lose of 2.6 lbs

Week 4 went much better than week 3 did.  I accomplished most of my goals I made for myself for week 4.  I worked on eating low-sodium and low/no cholesterol foods and meals.  I did pretty well but did allow myself a few indulgences, but nothing like during week 3.  I ate a lot of salads.  I am going to continue this goal for week 5 because I feel better when I eat low-sodium and low/no cholesterol foods.  My mind and body feel less foggy since I have started eating this way, so I am going to continue to do so.

I was able to get in two days of speed walking on the treadmill and two days of speed walking outside.  One of the two outside days I was also pushing my 33 lb son in his stroller, so I got a really good workout that day.  I've been feeling physically better this week than last.  I'm going to continue this goal for week 5.

Every morning during week 4, I took a few minutes and prayed and reflected on all of the blessings in my life.  God is good!  I have a wonderful husband, an amazing son, amazing family and friends and ways to communicate with them.  Skype is one of the best inventions ever!  I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, food to eat and a vocation that I am seeing realized with the publication of my first book this year.  I feel so much better emotionally and mentally since I started this exercise so I am going to keep it as a goal for week 5 too.

I fell short of my goal to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.  It doesn't help that my son has woken up almost every night in the past week and a half in the middle of the night.  He sometimes wakes up for a few seconds to a few minutes and then goes back to sleep without us having to go into his room.  Other times, one of us have to go into his room to calm him down and it is usually Jason.  When my son gets that way, the only one who can calm him down is his dad.  I get up too to help out, and end up going back to bed, but not back to sleep until my husband comes back to bed to make sure both him and Preston are okay.  So needless to say, I am keeping my goal of getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night on my list for week 5.

I'm keeping my goals for week 5 the same as week 4 because they are things I want to continue doing and things I need to continue to work on.  So until next week, Keep on keeping on!  :)

Goals for Week 5: 2/11/2015 - 2/18/2015
1) Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night
2) Continue to eat low-sodium and low/no cholesterol foods and meals
3) Speed walk on the treadmill and/or outside 3 days during the week
4) Pray and reflect on the blessings in life

No comments: