Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 6 of Healthier Living in 2015

2/25/2015
For week of 2/18 - 2/25/2015
Weigh in Weight:  149.8 lbs  loss of 2 oz

Major goal this week of getting under 150 lbs. ACCOMPLISHED!!! :)

This last week has been an emotional roller coaster.  A friend of mine from Luther Seminary died on Friday morning from pancreatic cancer.  Fucking cancer!  I sunk into a small depression throughout Friday and part of Saturday and then pulled myself together enough so I could be present for my husband and son.  It was just a rough weekend.  Then, Preston was awesome at church on Sunday, which helped turn my emotional hazy into a much better mood.

It is "that" time of the month too, which didn't help my emotional state either.  Poor Jason.  He has been so patient with me and my random outbursts the last few days.  He is so good to me!

I continue to work on my weekly goals.  I let myself go a little bit as far as food portions go.  I ate all the right foods (low-sodium and low/no cholesterol foods), I just ate too much of it.  So, for week 7, I am going to work on better portioning the food I eat, so that I do not overeat.  And I'm going to continue trying to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.  Someday, I'll get my crap together and just go to bed earlier.  Darn being a night owl. :p

During week 6, I did a lot of searching on pinterest for yummy looking low-sodium and low/no cholesterol recipes.  I found a bunch that I look forward to trying out with my family.  I look forward to making them with Jason soon.  My husband is the cook in the family, but we like to make dinner together sometimes, so I think making these meals together will be fun for all of us. :)

Oh, and I got 4 days of speed walking on the treadmill in this week too, despite everything that happened and was going on.  It is the Lenten season, which means constant go, go, go until after Easter services on Easter Sunday.  I am pretty impressed that my husband and son work with me to give me the time to get my work outs in.  I am truly blessed by this.

Week 6 was an up and down week for me, but now I must keep on keeping on, and you as well! :)

Goals for week 7:  2/25 - 3/4/2015
1)  Focus on portion sizes of food at meals and snacks
2)  Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night
3)  Make a few of the recipes I found on pinterest with Jason and Preston for meals this week.

No comments: