Thursday, March 5, 2015

Week 7 of Healthier Living in 2015

3/4/2015
For the week of 2/25 - 3/4/2015
Weigh in Weight:  149.6 lbs.  lose of 2 oz

I did really well with my goals I set for myself in week 7.  I only lost .2 oz but considering on Monday when I randomly weighed myself I was 151.6 lbs I think I did pretty well, as I lost 2lbs in two days.

I made dinner with my husband Jason a couple of nights using a recipe I found for roasted eggplant, spinach, quinoa and feta cheese on pinterest and then we made a crab and corn chowder that was mostly healthy and delicious.

As part of our health insurance, every year we do activities to earn wellness dollars.  This year I chose to do a double activity.  Everyday I have to record what I eat and my activity daily.  I have found that by logging in my food in take, that I don't eat enough calories each day.  Therefore my body has started to go into starvation mode and keeps everything I eat stored in my body, which prevents me from losing weight.  So I've made a goal of eating at least 1400 calories a day.  Between playing with my child (yes this is an activity category) and speed walking 4 days a week on the treadmill, I am logging quite a bit of exercise daily.  I think 1400 calories a day is a good goal.  I can add more calories per day if I need to, but I'm going to work my way up slowly until I get to the recommended 1800 calories per day from the program I'm using.  By doing the wellness activities, I've been rocking my portion control goal.

I still need to work on getting enough sleep.  Someday my son will sleep through the night and my husband will stop enabling him by getting up and sleeping with him out in the living room every night he does wake up.  When that happens, I will finally get 7-8 hours of sleep.  Until then, I should just go to bed earlier and/or take mini naps during the day.

I think I rocked my week 7 goals.  Some of them I'm keeping for week 8.  For week 8, I'm adding journaling 3 to 4 days a week.  Lent is a stressful season in our household.  Journaling helps me to process my thoughts, vent and realize the good things in my life.

I'm going to sign off for now because it has been a long day and I am actually going to take my own advice and go to bed earlier tonight.  So until next week, Keep on keeping on!

Goal for week 8: 3/4 - 3/11/2015
1)  Get 7-8 hrs of sleep each night
2)  Journal at least 3-4 times this week
3)  Continue to focus on portion control
4)  Continue with wellness activities of tracking food intake and daily activities

No comments: