Monday, March 23, 2015

My First Book!!!

Today I held my first published book in my hands for the first time.  Do you want to know what I did?  I burst into tears.  I'm the kind of person who dreams of becoming a published author but it just doesn't work out.  But now I am the person whose dream has come true.

It is an amazing feeling to have people believe in your work and transform it from a thesis collecting dust on a shelf to a book that anyone can read.  I am so blessed to have met two wonderful women who introduced me to my current publisher.  One of them wrote a breakfast cookbook and the other a devotional focusing on women in the Bible.  And they both published their books with the same company, Tate Publishing.

I had never heard of Tate Publishing before meeting these ladies, but thanks to them, I decided in last fall to send my manuscript to them and two days later, I got a call that they wanted to publish my thesis into a book.  Today, I held the finished product in my hands for the first time, and it was a dream come true!

Below is a photo of my first published book!!!


No comments: