Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Power of Friendship

A week ago, I wrote a hastily put together piece on the power of friendship.  I submitted it to a popular magazine for mothers and will find out in about 5 weeks if they will be publishing it or not.  If I don't hear back from the magazine in the next 5 weeks then it was not accepted.  If I hear back, then it was.  It's pretty straightforward.  Below is a short excerpt of my submitted article:

The power of friendship is one of the most special gifts given to us by God.  As a pastor’s wife, my life is quite transient.  For my husband’s first call, we packed up our things and moved to a small rural community in north central Montana.  For him, it wasn't such a huge transition because he grew up and lived all of his life in various places in Montana.  For me it was a huge transition....

If you like this excerpt, stay tuned because I will be posting if it has been accepted by the magazine and will give you more details of where you can find it and when.  If my submission is not accepted, I will be posting my submission in full on this blog page.

Become a follower of my blog to read up-to-date happenings as I pursue the dream of becoming a professional writer/author.  

No comments: