Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Week 8 of Healthier Living in 2015

3/11/2015
For the week of 3/4 - 3/11/2015
Weigh in Weight:  149.2 lbs  lose of 4 oz

Week 8 was emotionally tough for me.  I was plagued with feelings of loneliness and boredom.  Week 8 ended with the death of a student from a car accident.  She was a senior in high school in Fairfield and was baptized and attended Grace Lutheran, one of the churches my husband is Pastor of.  She was supposed to graduate at the end of May and have many more years of adventures.

It brought memories of my senior year flooding back to me.  It released the dormant demons in the part of my memory bank that I keep shut tight so I don't go crazy.  In one fell swoop, I saw in my minds eye every detail of the day I graduated from high school.  How it rained in the morning and then cleared up so it was beautiful out for my graduation party a few hours before the ceremony.  How the clouds started to come back and suddenly grew darker and darker as we waited to march to our seats.  How the downpour started just minutes after we found out that a fellow graduates younger brother was killed in a terrible car accident.  How we were forced to sit in the downpouring rain through the entire graduation ceremony.  The terrible parent speaker.  And afterwards, soaking wet, turning in our destroyed gowns surrounded by mourning people.  The decision to go to others graduation parties despite everything that just happened where we stood in shock not knowing quite what to do until someone made a witty joke and we all laughed, breaking the awkwardness.  And eventually without realizing it, actually having a good time in the end.

I feel for the kids in Fairfield who are going through something similar now.  A needless death of a young, kind, wonderful person is just tragic.

So, I guess I better write about my goals now.  The only goal I completed for week 8 was working on portion control and tracking my daily food intake.  For week 9 I am keeping the goals of getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night and journaling 3-4 times a week.  For week 9, I am adding back daily morning prayer and meditation because I need to continue to ground myself in the Word and focus on the good things in my life giving to me through the grace of God.  So, until next week, Keep on keeping on!

Goals for Week 9: 3/11 - 3/18/2015
1) Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night
2) Journal 3-4 times a week
3) Daily morning prayer and meditation

No comments: