Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Week 9 of Healthier Living in 2015

3/18/2015
For week of 3/11 - 3/18-2015
Weigh in Weight:  148.8 lbs. lose of 4 oz.

Week 9 was another emotional week for me.  I was home alone a lot with my toddler son as my husband was needed for pastoral care with the family of the senior high student who died in a car accident last Tuesday and for those in the community who knew her.

Needless to say, I didn't do as much speed walking on the treadmill, but I got creative about getting exercise, while taking care of our son.  My goal each day was to break a sweat being active.  On Thursday evening, I hopped up and down with my son on and off for an hour.  I definitely broke a sweat doing that.  My legs felt it for a few days afterwards too.  :p  That is just one example of my efforts to get a sweat breaking exercise daily while raising a toddler.  I plan to work on this more for week 10.

I journaled a lot during week 9.  I definitely completed my goal of writing in my journal 3 times a week.  It was very therapeutic and helped me to get a lot of sadness over the accident and frustration of being alone a lot off my chest.  And in the process I discovered something very important.  All I want to do for a living is write.  I want to write articles for academic journals, for magazines that I find inspirational like the MOPS magazine I get weekly.  I also want to write histories, novels, children's books and short stories.  I just want to write.  I have begun to set aside time daily to write and to search out avenues to get more of my writing published.  And I will be posting more on this blog on different topics, so stay tuned.

I have decided to permanently keep my goal of getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night on my list.  Week 9 was a disaster in the sleep department.  Between my own issues getting to sleep and my son not sleeping through the night every night, I am definitely sleep deprived.  I am going to make more of an effort this week to get more sleep.

Update after 2 months:

It has been two months since I started blogging weekly about my journey for healthier living in 2015.  So far I have lost 4.6 lbs and am keeping the weight off after yo-yoing for the first few weeks.  I have learned a lot about myself, my resilience and my determination to see things through once I have started them.  Believe me, I have wanted to quit this yearlong exercise many times, but I just can't.  I've blogged weekly about my journey for 2 months, why stop now.  So here's to the next 2 months and beyond.

Goals for Week 10:
1) Journal 3x a week
2) Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night
3) Find creative ways to exercise (break a sweat)

No comments: