Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Getting Published; a Dream Come True!!

Becoming a published author has always been a dream of mine.  In September of 2014, after much debate with myself and the support of my husband, I started sending out my Master's of Theology manuscript to several publishers, in the hopes that by chance, one of them would be interested in turning my thesis into a book and publish it.  

I didn't hear back from several, but I didn't give up.  I decided to send my manuscript to Tate Publishing, a Christian based publisher.  Not even two days later I heard back from them that they wanted to publish my thesis into a book.  I had to pinch myself because I thought I was dreaming.

Now, 6 months later, my book has come along and I am now in the marketing phase of the publishing process.  I still have a hard time believing that I am going to be a published author.  And now I have the bug.  All I want to do is write, whether it be blogging, or writing down ideas for my next book.  I'm leaning towards a memoir, children's book or devotional for my next book.  I haven't quite decided.  

But I can tell you this, I have completely found my vocation and passion in life; writing.

Become a follower of my blog and I will keep you up to date on when and where you can order my first published book, "Crisis of Identity: Christians as Minorities in the Holy Land, 1798-1948, A Brief History"


No comments: