Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Vegetable and Herb Garden Preparation, 2015

It's that time of year again, when every who plants a garden is in preparation mode.  Last year my husband and I planted a small box garden with various vegetables, which ended up being taken over by our squash and zucchini plants.  It also produced peas and tomatoes, but everything else was crowded out by the squash and zucchini plants.

So this year, we are going to plant similar vegetables but instead of planting our tomatoes in the box garden, we are going to plant them in planters and I am going to decorate the planters beforehand with some neat DIY ideas I found on Pinterest.  Thank God for Pinterest.

This year we are going to plant an herb garden too in little planters.  I have found some really nice looking DIY projects to make our herb planters look fun while not spending tons of money.  I'd like to have some outside and some inside, so I better get cracking on these projects so they actually get done before we actually plant the seeds.  I also found some good instructions on when to start planting certain vegetables and herbs so they harvest at the right time.  And instructions on how to dry herbs too.  Pinterest is amazing!!!

I am very excited about planting our box garden again this year as well as starting our first herb garden.  I would love to eventually have a green house so I can plant and harvest vegetables all year long.  The idea of sustainable living and homegrown food really appeals to me and has for a long time.  I can't wait to start our garden and herbs.  Ultimately, the best part of preparing one's garden is that warmer weather is just around the corner!!!  Thank the Lord!!!

No comments: