Friday, April 27, 2007

It's my Birthday

It's my birthday today. It was a lovely day, which is quite shocking because it is usually rainy and dreary. I spent much of the day outside once I got home and took some allergy medicine. Some good friends of mine and I went out to Old Chicago last night and then spent some time on the 3rd floor of Bockman hall being loud and keeping people awake. It was super fun.

Today has been lovely so far. I went to class this morning and then chapel. From there I went and sat in the dining hall for a while and then went and bought my tickets for the senior dinner at the Science Museum and the Saints game. Apparently I signed up to go to the senior barbeque too, which I had totally forgotten about. Then I went back to the dining hall and had some cafeteria pizza which was good and then went and worked out after my food settled. Then I went home and took a shower, took some allergy medicine and went for a walk. I've been napping in and out a lot this afternoon too. Overall, it's been a great day. It is starting to get cloudy though and looks like it is going to rain. Oh, well, at least the day was nice.

Oh, funny story. Apparently the St. Paul police department was really bored last night because they gave me a $25 ticket for parking too high on a patch of dirt outside my apartment building. Who knew that was a big deal around here?!

I am just having a really good day. Yesterday was fun, today has been fun, hopefully tomorrow will be fun, and I'm going down and hanging out with the parental units on Sunday to relax and get away for a few hours. I have to work on one of my job applications Sunday with my mom. Not that I need her help, it's just that I really want this job so I'm going to have her proofread and give me ideas of how to make it better, etc... The job is 6 months working at the British Museum helping curate for a project while the regular curator is on maternity leave. How amazing would that be to live in London for 6 months. So yeah, I really want this job and all the material for it is due by email on Monday by noon.

So that's about all that's going on with me these days. Just hanging out doing my thing doing my thing just one year older. The only thing that would make this birthday better is if I found a nice guy that I actually like to take me on a date. I'm confident that that will happen someday. Someday a guy will come along who is not put off by my often eccentric nature and independence and take me for who I am, a crazy graduate from Luther Seminary who takes life one day at a time and holds nothing back. What you see is what you get my friends. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but that's just the way it goes.

I want to end by saying thank you all for being you and being my friends. You all make life so much more interesting than it would be. Thank you and love you all.

No comments: