Thursday, July 12, 2007

And Now Something New...

Today I received an email from IKEA saying that they are interested in talking to me about a position I applied for. This is good news. Not exactly a job that shows that I have a Master's degree, but there is the possibility of a job, which translates to making some money, which translates to being able to pay my bills and the ability to start saving money again.

Yesterday, I decided to walk around Southdale Center and I happened upon a few places that were hiring. The first one I walked into, The Limited, the salesperson was very helpful in answering my questions and gave me the number for the hiring manager and an application. I am going back tomorrow when the manager is there to set up an interview.

So it looks like I may become employed very soon, which is exciting for me. Sadly, neither job gives credit to the fact that I have a master's degree but I have worked retail before and know the gist of how things work. I don't want to jump the gun though and say I am definitely going to get either job, I just thought I'd inform you all of the latest news.

Also yesterday, I spontaneously decided to go see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It was really great and that's all I'm going to say for now because I know there are people who have not seen it yet, especially since it only came out yesterday. And so that is all for now, new news on my job search and Harry Potter, man I lead such an exciting life.

No comments: