Thursday, July 19, 2007

The dreaded GRE...

Today I took the GRE because it is required to get into PhD programs. It is required to get into most MA programs too, but not at Luther Seminary :), which is one of several reasons I chose to go there.
I hate standardized tests. I never do good on them for reasons I can't explain. It's not like I don't prepare to the best of my ability. I just always end up sucking at them. Now I have a headache the size of Texas. I'm just glad that this stupid test isn't going to be the ultimate deciding factor (well hopefully it won't be) in getting into PhD programs. I know I probably won't be able to get into someplace like Harvard or Princeton, but those aren't my top choices anyway.
The lesson for today is that standardized tests suck and I suck at them. And even though this is true, I am not an idiot, I'm just not good at taking dumb required standardized tests.

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

You are amazing! I don't like standardized tests either! Congrats on the apartment. Tell Michelle HI from me.