Monday, July 30, 2007

Faith Statements and other news...

As part of my re-admittance to Luther Seminary I have to revise my autobiography/faith statement. It may sound like an easy task but in reality it's not so easy. I have changed so much over the last two years. Sometimes I felt my faith falter and constantly wondered what the hell I was even doing at Luther Seminary. Other times I felt my faith grow stronger and stronger. This usually happened when I heard an awesome sermon in chapel, but usually more often than not I would feel this way while sitting talking to friends about anything and everything in the cafe or out on a late night Perkins run. Some of the professors I had for classes certainly contributed to both the faltering and strengthening of my faith as well. Professors Steve Paulson, Skip Sundberg, and Rollie Martinson definitely gave me opportunities to ask questions. Professor Farag did as well but in a different way than the others. She and Professor Haemig definitely forced me to ask myself what the hell I was doing over and over and over again. But I think in the end it was the people I was blessed meet and to be able to call my friends that led the way. Through them I was shown through word and action, law and gospel, what it meant to be faithful, and most of all love of one's neighbor.

This is what I want to write about in my updated autobiography and faith statement. Through the people around me I learned the strength and weakness of my own faith, my own understanding of God's sacrifice given to us in the form of his only son, Jesus Christ, and spread to all through the power of the Holy Spirit. It is through friends and family, who stuck by me in "the best of times and the worst of times" that I have learned a more complete concept of Jesus' commandments, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind, and all your soul; and love your neighbor as yourself."

This autobiography/faith statement is the last piece of information I need to turn in in order to be readmitted in January. Other than that, I just need to meet with Rollie who is the head of the program I am participating in, and the financial aid guy and a few other people to get some things in the works before I start up again. My first official class back will be my trip to the Holy Land. How freaking cool is that!!! Oh, and just as a side note, I have decided after much musing that I will not be doing the deaconess route because I don't do so well when it comes to authority telling me what to do and what not to do.

In other news, I started my job at The Limited on Sunday, yesterday. It went well and I got to meet all my coworkers which was fun. I figure this job will be good for now and I'm going to keep looking as well. For now, I just need something, anything to pay the bills. I figure this will be a good experience too and force me to come out of my shell and learn to be more comfortable talking to people I hardly know, which will help me with my future vocational goals.

Alrighty then, now that I have written a short novel I am going to finish checking my email and go to sleep. Sleep is good and well yeah. TaTa for now. Love you all!!! Au revoir mes amies.

No comments: