Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's my Birthday and I'll Blog if I want to...

Today is my 28th year on this earth and it has been a great day so far! :)  Usually I find myself reflecting on the year past but this year I am looking towards the future.  27 was a pretty great year, but it had its rough spots, like any year. 

The good things:  I fell in love and got engaged to the most wonderful guy I've ever met, I paid off almost all of my credit card debt, I got to travel a bit within the midwest for friends ordinations, a camping trip with amazing friends, and to random destinations to meet up with Jason. 

Not so great things:  having to say good-bye to a lot of wonderful people that I care about deeply and miss like crazy everyday.  I am happy for their new adventures and I miss them all a lot.  Living in a house that should have been condemned years ago for lack of upkeep was not the smartest decision ever but it led to some good things in the end.  All three of us moved out within a month or so of each other, Karen bought a town house where she now lives, I moved into an apartment on campus where Jason and I will be living when he gets back from internship (and where ironically Ms. Natalie Gessert used to live.  Seriously, we are walking in your foot steps, Jason being at the same internship site you were at and me living in your old apartment. :)), and Jen is off on wild and crazy adventures in Europe. 

Even though there were some sad, upsetting, frustrating times this past year, 27 was pretty great.  Though I don't know if anything is going to top 28.  It's going to be a fantastic year!  I'm off to read about how the volcano in Iceland shut down a continent in my TIME magazine and then head up to the front desk to answer phones this afternoon.  Tonight's festivities include:  a quick run to the grocery store for milk and a few other necessities, a Subway run, a few phone calls before LOST comes on, and general relaxation.  Yeah for birthdays!

No comments: