Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Saving Money and Netflix...

Ever since I signed up for my own netflix about a month ago, I have saved quite a bit of money.  It helps that there are only a few movies out right now in the more independent theaters that I want to see.  But I don't want to see them bad enough to pay for them.  No, I'll just add them to my ever growing netflix list.  And because I have a new movie to watch every few days, I have been eating at home more, instead of going out to eat.  This also helps in my attempt to save money. 

It is nice to have a job that pays me enough so I can pay my bills as well as treat myself to a movie every once in a while.  At this point in time though, I would rather go home after work, through something together for dinner and watch my recently arrived movie from netflix. 

Okay, so besides being thrifty with my money due to my new fascination and love of netflix, I am attempting to lose some weight.  Making meals at home has helped as well as paying more attention to what I am eating and how much of it.  My goal by September is to lose at least 10 lbs. and keep it off.  Also to tone my body some more; get rid of the ever expanding bulge in my mid-torso section. 

In other news, my class is going okay.  I spent some time in the library Monday morning harrassing the reference librarian and today making copies of articles to read for my paper.  It looks like I'll be turning in my thesis proposal sometime during the summer, more likely end of August.  I still think I can get it done by the May 1st deadline, but my advisor is less optimistic.  Way to have my back dude!  Thanks!  I'm still going to work on research and writing it though throughout the summer, even though it will not be officially approved until the fall.  That's me giving the one finger salute to the establishment.  HAH!  I still need to write a letter of continuation though and pay the $169/semester I will be a student.  Lame. 

Some much freaking red tape and hoops to jump through.  It's all just so stupid and frustrating.  I just want to be done already.  I'm still going to attempt to get my proposal done by April 30th.  That means I might fall off the grid for a few weeks while I attempt to get all the paper work and crap done for it as well as finish up my independent study.  I know I can do it.  I've done it before.  Now is the time to take a deep breath and immerse myself in the chaos for the time being, until all tasks are complete. 

Here's me taking a deep breath..........................................and jumping.  I'll let you when I reemerge. :)

No comments: