Thursday, August 6, 2015

Week 29 of Healthier Living in 2015

8/5/2015
For week 29: 7/29 - 8/5/2015
Weigh in Weight:  159.2
Previous weigh in Weight: 160.0 lose of 8 oz

Goals for week 29:
1) Journal at least 3 times during the week
2) Take a daily walk outside (weather permitting)
3) Be more active with my son
4) Make a daily list of what I am grateful for to include in blog post for week 29

I did really well on my goals for week 29, considering my mom was visiting and I could have completely blown off doing any of them while she was here.  The only goal I didn't complete was to write in my personal journal 3 times during the week.  I did write in my blogging and list journal though daily.  Each day, I quickly jotted down a few things I was grateful for that day.  It was refreshing and really made me appreciate the good things in my life and not focus on the tough stuff.  And since one of my goals was to make a daily list of what I was grateful for and share them in this blog post, this post is going to be a longer one.

7/29 - Things I am Grateful for:
1) My husband who supports me and comforts me when I am feeling out of control
2) My son who makes everyday a new adventure
3) My friends near and far
4) My intelligence and my ability to read people and situations quickly

7/30 - Things I am Grateful for:
1) My resilience to make it through tough situations and still be standing on the other side
2) My faith
3) My husband and sons, who I would do anything for.  After God, my family is the most important part of my life
4) My extended family and friends who support my crazy dreams whether I succeed or not in fulfilling them

7/31 - Things I am Grateful for
1) My mom coming to visit us until August 5th.  Enough said.
2) My energetic and dramatic son, who makes life a daily adventure full of surprises
3) My wonderful husband who calls me out on my crap and is supportive when my crazy pregnancy hormones take over
4) My in-laws for hosting my son's 3rd birthday party at their house so I don't have to think about entertaining a bunch of people at mine

8/1 - Things I am Grateful for
1) Today is my oldest son's birthday and I can't imagine my life without him in it.  Love you kiddo!
2) Walks outside with my mom
3) My wonderfully patient husband

8/2 - Things I am Grateful for
1) Living close enough to a larger population area so I don't go completely insane.
2) Minor league professional baseball games
3) My family
4) My friends

8/3 - Things I am Grateful for
1) Great doctors like Dr. Key and his amazing ultrasound technician who provided us with some much needed answers about our youngest son's health in utero today.  Baby boy is doing very very well by the way
2) Having access to a Target within 40 miles of where we live.  Many of our friends in Montana have to drive much further
3) Walks outside with my family.

8/4 - Things I am Grateful for
1) Living in a geological paradise where we have easy access to all things dinosaurs for our dinosaur loving 3 year old and ourselves
2) Summer rain showers that keep the dead looking brown away a little longer
3) Our garden, which looks pretty healthy and will help us save on produce groceries, hopefully for a long time.

8/5 - Things I am Grateful for
1) My mom only being a plane ride (with a connection) ride away.
2) Quality time with my family
3) My realism about being a stay at home mom and that I'm really not cut out for it, but love being with my kid.
4) Having a healthy family.  Two healthy children and a healthy husband


Clearly, my family and friends are a big part of what holds me together each day.  My faith is a huge part of my life, even though I only mention it once.  My faith is what holds me truly together and allows me to look outward towards my neighbor instead of focusing only on myself.

Switching back to the rest of my goals for week 29, I was able at times to be more active with my now 3 year old son.  Pregnancy can really zap the energy out of me some days, but most days I was able to get down and play as well as be active outside with him too.  It helped that my mom was here to take over at times when I became tired.  I'd rest for a little bit and then get right back to playing and being active with him.  Sadly she left yesterday the 5th, so I don't have that help anymore.  Someday we will live closer to each other.

And despite having my mom visiting, I was able to get a daily walk in outside with my husband and son.  The only day I didn't walk outside was the 3rd of August, because my mom and I went to book club and we had all had a busy and long morning.  So we took the afternoon off, chilled and watched movies, while my husband went to the church office to work for a while.

Over all, week 29 was wonderful and I am so happy that we all got to spend some quality time with my mom/grammie this week.

For week 30 my goals are going to focus on being active both physically and using my brain.  I have started to feel very bored lately and need to exercise my brain power some more as well and keep up my exercise so I don't have to go on insulin because my blood sugar levels get higher.

Until next week, Keep on keeping on!!!

Goals for week 30: 8/5 - 8/12/2015
1) Daily walking (outside if weather permits in the afternoon and evening), treadmill walking (if I get alone time some mornings)
2) Journal at least 2 times during the week, more if time allows
3) Read the book for September book club and at least 2 TIME magazines
4) Play outside more with my son

No comments: