Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Write What You Know, Part III

It has been very hot outside here lately.  When it gets this hot, it's not a good idea to spend a lot of time outside, especially for pregnant women like me.  So, much like cold winter days, my very active 3 year old son and I have been trapped inside the last few afternoons and it is starting to drive us both a bit batty.

For two people who easily get antsy when we are inside too long, it has been a hard few days.  The heat has also affected my blood sugar levels.  They seem to spike and then get low and then spike again.  So I have to be very careful to eat less carbs later in the day unless my blood sugar is low.  It is very obnoxious and annoying.  It is supposed to cool down again over the weekend, but until then, eating and exercising will be interesting.

But honestly, the heat and blood sugar stuff aside, I have been doing better about making and sticking with decisions regarding going back to work and being more patient with myself and my family.  I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom, but that is my role for now, so I have to do the best I can and learn to be more gracious and patient with myself and my 3 year old son.  Soon we will be adding another boy to the mix and I'll again be faced with transition and will again have to learn to be patient and gracious with myself and my family.
 
So for now it looks like just making it through the next few days of this heat and being trapped inside with my overactive 3 year old without going insane will be a miracle.  Wish me luck! :)

No comments: